Eliminating persistent poverty, advancing prosperity and economic justice
Click below to download our newest paper:
“Transforming Persistent Poverty in America: How Community Development Financial Institutions Drive Economic Opportunity” (Draft Version)
The Partners for Rural Transformation (PRT) is a national coalition dedicated to advancing economic mobility in persistent poverty areas.
Collectively, the members of PRT provide financial products and services that advance quality jobs, housing, infrastructure and address other vital needs in the counties in America where the poverty rate has exceeded 20 percent for at least three consecutive decades. We are creating healthy communities with access to healthcare, financial security, resident leadership, and economic development to reach our vision of bringing all communities of persistent poverty out of poverty.
We represent people in the Mississippi Delta, Appalachia, Native American Country, and the Colonias. While the areas we represent are different in terms of histories, racial demographics, economies, and geographies, we are bound together by our shared humanity and desire to live in thriving communities. By working together across geographical boundaries we are able to share knowledge that leads to greater impact, allowing us to reach more of the markets we serve.
- Advocated for the 10-20-30 language in USDA & Treasury and appropriations bills with Congressman Rogers and Senator Cochran
- Communities Facilities Relending Program & Uplift American Fund Award
- Mobility Summit in Birmingham, AL
- Created bi-partisan, multi-agency support for persistent poverty-focused programs and funding
- Submitted Public Comments on the Duty to Serve Program
- Hosted Rural Places / Rural Spaces Event, joined by the Chairman of the Federal Reserve Board of Governors, Jerome H. Powell.
PRT In the News:
National Mortgage News – CRA Reform Crucial for Tackling Rural Poverty