Kentucky Access to Recovery (KATR) program helps individuals recovering from Opioid Use Disorder or Stimulant Use Disorder, or who have a history of overdose from opioid use. Services are free to low-income individuals in eligible service areas who are currently in treatment or early stages of recovery (completed treatment within the past one year).
KATR offers recovery support services for people recovering from
Opioid Use and/or Stimulant Use Disorder in six regions.
KATR does not pay for treatment itself but the resources needed to be successful in recovery.
KATR is a one-time use program with a 6-month time limit. Eligible participants may qualify for certain recovery support services.
Priority qualifying services are housing, transportation, and employment support.
KATR is designed to supplement but not replace existing programs. We provide assistance when other programs cannot provide recovery support. Individuals will need to attempt to receive funds from existing programs first.
In order to be eligible for services with the KATR program, applicants must be:
- A resident of a KATR service county;
- A first-time participant in the KATR program;
- In treatment (or completed treatment within the past one (1) year) for Opioid Use Disorder, Stimulant Use Disorder, or history of overdose from Opioid use;
- Low income (i.e. 200% below the Federal Poverty Level); and
- In need of recovery supports that will enhance their likelihood of staying in recovery. A need for KATR support services alone is not sufficient. KATR services MUST be tied to the individual's recovery plan which the client is working on with a recovery case manager at a referring agency. The support services must be necessary to keep the client on his/her recovery journey.
Priority will be given to individuals who meet the above criteria and are
1) justice-involved, 2) a veteran, or 3) pregnant individuals with child(ren) under 18 living in the home.
The program serves a 37 county area including Jefferson, Oldham, Shelby, Spencer, Bullitt, Henry, Campbell, Letcher, Pike, Knott, Perry, Harlan, Wolfe, Lee, Owsley, Floyd, Boone, Kenton, Grant, Gallatin, Henry, Floyd, Pendleton, Carroll, Jessamine, Lincoln, Garrard, Madison, Estill, Clark, Powell , Bourbon, Scott, Harrison, Robertson, Nicholas, Montgomery, Bath, and Menifee.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
For more information, contact your nearest office:
|Northern Kentucky||859-322-7973 or 859-421-5083||Boone, Campbell, Kenton, Grant, Pendleton, Gallatin, Carroll|
|Eastern Kentucky||859-893-5518 or 606-821-9746||Letcher, Knott, Perry, Pike, Harlan, Wolfe, Lee, Owsley, Floyd|
|Louisville Area||859-307-7907 or 859-314-1130||Jefferson, Oldham, Shelby, Spencer, Bullitt, Henry|
|Nicholasville Area||859-779-1946||Jessamine, Garrard, Lincoln|
|Central Kentucky||859-446-6359 or 606-210-0872 or 859-595-7217||Bourbon, Scott, Harrison, Robertson, Nicholas, Bath, Menifee, Montgomery, Madison, Clark, Estill, Powell|