Kentucky Access to Recovery (KATR) program helps men and women recovering from opioid addiction. Services are free to low-income adults in eligible service areas who are currently in treatment or early stages of recovery (2 years or less).
KATR does not pay for treatment itself but the resources needed to be successful in recovery. Participants currently in a recovery program can receive up to a total award of $2,000 for qualifying services within a one-time 6 month timeframe. Participants in recovery (2 years or less) can receive up to $500 for qualifying services within a 3 month timeframe. Priority qualifying services are housing, transportation, and childcare.
KATR is designed to supplement but not replace existing programs. We provide assistance when other programs cannot provide recovery support. Individuals will need to attempt to receive funds from existing programs first.
In order to be eligible for services with the KATR program, applicants must:
- Be a first time participant in KATR and at least 18 years old.
- Have an opioid use disorder or history of overdose due to opioid use.
- Be motivated to work on their recovery.
- Be in treatment or early stages of recovery.
- Reside in a county where the KATR program is established or immediate surrounding county.
- Be connected with a case manager, peer support specialist, or clinical person in the recovery community.
- Identifies with at least one of the following target groups: 1) recently released from incarceration, 2) veteran, 3) pregnant/post-partum or parenting woman with child(ren) under 18 living in the home or 4) part of or recently completed (2 years or less) recovery program.
- Be willing to be involved in the recovery community.
- Be at or below the 200% federal poverty level.
The program serves a 15 county area including Jefferson, Oldham, Shelby, Spencer, Bullitt, Campbell, Letcher, Pike, Knott, Perry, Harlan, Boone, Kenton, Grant and Gallatin.
For more information about eligibility requirements or to begin the application process, contact Vanessa Haste at email@example.com.