- Addicted at Birth Series by Bristol Herald Courier (Bristol, TN/VA)
- Scripps Howard Award Winner for Community Journalism
- A Sense of Alarm as Rural Hospitals Keep Closing: The potential health and economic consequences of a trend associated with states that have turned down Medicaid expansion.
- How to Rewrite a Region’s Story: In one of the poorest areas of the country, public schools are driving economic transformation.
- What Rural America Can Teach Us About Civil Society: Rural America can be both incubator and innovator when it comes to creating and maintaining civil society.
- Rural America is Losing its Affordable Rental Housing, a report by the Housing Assistance Council
- Rental Housing Affordability in the Southeast: Data from the Sixth District (a paper from the Atlanta Federal Reserve Bank)
- Rural Maryland County Finds Multiple Ways to Expand Broadband: Garrett County becomes a model for connecting its residents to the internet.