The past year was an impressive one for Fahe and member organizations. We served over 7,000 families with new or rehabilitated housing and helped to create 2,733 jobs. A lot goes on in a year’s time. Below are some of the highlights from 2013.
- Membership in the Fahe Network grew from 52 to 56 members and we now have members in Alabama and Maryland along with Kentucky, West Virginia, Virginia, and Tennessee.
- East Corbin School Apartments – We helped to create 32 units of affordable housing through the renovation of the East Corbin School house. These apartments provide much needed affordable housing for the elderly.
- Appraisal Initiative – Fahe has been working with local appraisers to develop a uniform method for appraising energy efficient building practices so that both homebuilders and homeowners can receive closer to the full monetary worth of their homes.
- Elderly Initiative – Fahe held an Aging Summit in Kingsport, TN to address the needs of our elderly population in Appalachia. The information has been a great success and we have seen lots of interest and activity since then.
- West Liberty – Rebuilding West Liberty was recognized as a Clinton Global Initiative America “Commitment to Action” and Fahe is accepting donations to help move this locally conceived plan forward.
- Main Cross – The energy efficient upgrade to the Main Cross Senior Apartments has been finished. The improvements made will make the apartments more affordable to the residents as well as increasing the lifespan of the buildings.
- New Office – Fahe member Community Housing Partners designed the new Fahe office and construction began back in 2013. We are only a few weeks away from moving into our new space.