Helping is a Year Round GiftDecember 7, 2012
Remembering AppalachiaJanuary 25, 2013
Fahe and its Members accomplished a lot in 2012. Since we have 52 members across five states, it would take all day to list each accomplishment, so instead here is compiled a small, yet potent sample:
- Fahe partnered with Opportunity Finance Network and Starbucks on their Create Jobs for USA campaign
- Record low delinquency rates reported by Loan Servicing Department
- Marketing Department trained in and began developing video to reach a wider audience
- Fahe was featured in the book Forces For Good by Leslie R. Crutchfield and Heather McLeod Grant as an example of a collaborative model that works
- JustChoice Lending performed its 100th 502 loan through the USDA 502 packaging program
- For the first time ever, Fahe has members in Alabama
- Our membership number has swelled to 52 members across Kentucky, West Virginia, Virginia, Tennessee, and Alabama
- Executive Vice President of Membership and Advocacy, Tom Carew, became the President of the National Rural Housing Coalition
- At the end of fiscal year 2011 (June 2012) Fahe and the Membership Network helped to place 6,400 families into homes and boosted local economies through the creation of 2,300 jobs.
When Fahe and its members succeed, Appalachian communities directly benefit. These accomplishments allow us to perform at a higher capacity to improve the lives of families and the communities where they live and work.
If there’s anything you want to add to the list of accomplishments, please feel free to include it in the comments below. We look forward to hearing from you.
Aaron collects stories from Fahe Members and the people they help in order to present the needs of Appalachia to the public through written word and video. In his free time he nerds it up by playing RPGs, writing fantasy stories, and playing drums.